How do I fix a broken bulkhead channel?
If your bulkhead channel falls or breaks off, please email us at email@example.com. Since we are aware of this issue, we have developed stronger channels that can withstand all kinds of adventures. We will get one sent out to you ASAP.
Here are the instructions on how to replace the channel, once you receive your replacement:
1. Trace lightly with a pencil around the damaged channel. This will show you where to attach the replacement.
2. Carefully pry off the channel. A paint scraper is probably the best tool, or a wide flat screwdriver. Work it off gently by twisting and prying. With too much force you may dent the skin under the channel.
3. When it's off, peel off any bits of remaining tape.
4. Clean off the tape area with rubbing alcohol.
5. When the alcohol has evaporated off, peel off the tape film and apply the channel inside the pencil marks. Press down on it hard.
6. Let the tape set overnight before folding up or using the kayak- the adhesive gets stronger over time.
7. You're all set! Get back out on the water!