How do I care for my boat and keep it in good shape?
We recommend treating your Oru Kayak as you would a fiberglass, wood, or skin-on-frame kayak. Here are some guidelines:
- Never drag it or bump into sharp things - use the carry handles to lift, instead of tugging it behind you
- Store out of direct sunlight - our boats have a 10-year UV treatment, but we still recommend sheltered storage
- Rinse the kayak thoroughly with fresh water after each use - sediment and salt that dry to the surface of the boat can be abrasive over time
- To drain any water that collects in the flutes from a paddle, stand the boats up or unbuckle the deck straps and lay them on their bellies over a table
- We also recommend tightening all screws and hardware on your boat, to make sure that nothing is loose after a paddle
- Like a car, occasional maintenance or repair is needed to keep it tip-top condition. Our repairs team is happy to help! Just shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your issue, a photo, and your Hull Identification Number to get the ball rolling!